Types of indoor and outd0or Window Furnishing solutions
At this point you may be wandering:These are the various types of Window Furnishings available. Selecting the perfect window coverings can be a daunting task.
- Where do I begin?
- What Products are available to me?
- How will I choose which Products to go where where in my home?
- Which Company do I go with?
- How will I choose?
Things to think about are your likes and dislikes, colours, layouts, airflow, tastes, style and personality.
The Window coverings you select should be an extension of you. They should blend in with your lifestyle, to present a perfect decor and interior.
Assessing your Windows, Doors and even outdoor areas for Window Furnishings/Coverings
What Window Furnishings or Coverings work best for your home, your circumstance and your lifestyle?
Here are some things to consider:
- Internal and External Colours of your home - you must know these first, before ordering shutters in order to match the colour tones.
- Where is the window/(s) positioned
- Window size and ceiling height can affect visual perception and spacial awareness
- Try work with your wall colours in order to create continuity by creating dramatic contrasts and you will impact on that spacial awareness.
- Street Elevation - anything visible to passing by traffic. The Window treatments should be in keeping, all with the same extended look.
EG: you would not want Sheer blinds and Curtains upstairs visible from the street and Shutters downstairs...they need to match
- Air flow - opening a shutter at night will allow air to flow through effortlessly where a Curtain needs to be drawn.